Join us for Open Music Night at the library from 6:30 to 7:30 pm on the first and third Wednesdays of each month starting in March. Bring a music stand if you have one. Food and drinks are permitted (no alcohol). We can make copies of music to pass out. SINGING IS REQUIRED! Here are the guidelines (since this is at the library and we can't have loud instruments): . . .
1. Acoustic string instruments of all types are welcome. Ukeleles, guitars, lap dulcimers, harps, hammered dulcimers, banjos, violins, etc. are welcome. No brass or drum kits.
2. Box snares and bodhrans are permitted, but only two per session. If more come, take turns.
3. Electric guitars and basses are iffy. You must bring all your own gear and keep them turned to quiet levels.
4. Free reed instruments might have to be on a case by case basis. Harmonicas are fine, bagpipes are out. Small accordions or concertinas should be OK as long as they are not too loud. Cajun accordions might be a problem.
5. We will have to set up a donation jar to cover the cost of any copies of music we need to make.
Any questions, ask Mark Reinemann at 513-897-4826.